For educators, this is the most difficult of the months…if you get a spring break, you are counting down. If you aren’t lucky enough to get a spring break, you need June to get here. Now. What are the best ways you can think of to push through to the next break/season/whatever? Here’s what we came up with:
- Open the front door and let the warm sun shine in through the storm door. Then, I bring down a bean bag, plop it right in front of the door and read with my kids while lying in the beautiful sun.
- Rearrange the furniture
- Dance party!
- I purchase my dog park pass for the year, look at the local park and recreation flyers to see what’s offered for spring/summer recreation.
- Start planning biking trips on the great trails that this beautiful state has to offer.
- Count every day as a step closer to warmer days and longer nights. Have you noticed the time of sunset?? You should if you haven’t!
- I always buy tulips this time of year. Just screams spring.
- I usually open all the curtains right away in the morning to get as much light in the house as possible. I know that I’ll be able to get outside to walk when the days have more hours of sunlight.
- Promised myself (again this year) that in the fall I WILL plant tulip bulbs this year so that I can enjoy the very first sign of spring- blooms of colorful tulips in my yard
- Cleaning closets…..then when the weather FINALLY turns nice in Minnesota I can be outside instead of inside cleaning!
- Pedicure…complete with bright pink polish….so I’m ready to sport flip flops as soon as snow recedes to less than 1 foot!