Today (April 2) is Autism Awareness Day, kicking off Autism Awareness Month. I wanted to provide some links to enhance your knowledge and to spread the messages of those who live on the Autism Spectrum…
- A national authority on Autism and Autism research, Autism Speaks
- Fantastic StoryCorps story – a son with Asperger’s Syndrome interviews his mom about life, including having him as a son.
- Wikipedia article highlighting “People-First Language”
- Autism Society (including a link to the new film, Wretchers and Jabberers, and how to see it in selected theaters)
- Story and video from The Atlantic Monthly highlighting the first child known to have been diagnosed with ASD
- This video does a beautiful job of showing sensory challenges of someone on the Spectrum.
- Buy a ribbon (like the one you see on this page) supporting those who live on the Autism Spectrum, and those who love, care for and support them
Are there other resources I’m missing?
Enjoy your month,