Sorry, Oprah lovers – no tangible giveaways here…just good old fashioned resources. I read a lot on the web every day! Here’s a list noting SOME of my personal and professional favorite sites – hopefully you will find some resources among them, too! Click directly on the title of each site to link…
- The Daring Librarian– this woman is CRAZY PASSIONATE about what she does. She’s a school media specialist, and loves to share her tech finds with the world. Gwyneth’s no slouch – lots of awards for her blog, and she presents at conferences quite regularly. The only thing I don’t like is that the blog is a bit busy-looking, but that’s just a style thing. One of the best things: her posts that are tutorials on different tech tools – FANTASTIC.
- GOOD – LOVE this site. Activist in nature, GOOD highlights lots of interesting stories that educate and inspire; much of which could be used in the classroom. Check out their 30 day challenges, their EDUCATION page, and their infographics.
- I Love Charts – This is a quirky, sometimes random, and always interesting site that does exactly what it suggests – shows off lots of charts depicting anything and everything. It even has a search function if you are looking for something in particular.
- Reflections of a Techie – what I like about Marsha Ratzel is that she is authentically challenging herself regularly with technology, Project-Based Learning and other innovative philosophies. She blogs regularly about what works, what doesn’t, and what she’s learned. Lately, Ms. Ratzel’s been doing some interesting things with inquiry.
- Postsecret – kind of a guilty pleasure around the office. This art project, started by Frank Warren, encourages folks to send in postcards with their “secrets.” Edgy but very real. Make sure you look through stuff before sharing with students.
- NPR Picture Show – always new and interesting ways of looking at the world. Today’s Picture Show has a collection of suitcases found in an old asylum. I always learn something here.
What are some of your favorite blogs and sites?