Learner’s Edge is proud to work with education professionals around the globe, and we are inspired by your creative ideas and your passion for teaching! We want to celebrate you by inviting you to share your work with the world.
I am pleased to announce an open call for blog posts for ChalkBlog!
- Anyone who became a teaching professional – and who can share their journey and their educational philosophy.
- Anyone who has ever tried something in a classroom and has been successful.
- Anyone who has ever tried something in a classroom, failed, and learned from the experience.
- Folks who have successfully implemented strategies and methods they learned from a Learner’s Edge course.
- Anyone who has amazing ideas for connecting with students.
- Education professionals who want to comment on any trends in education.
- Anyone who teaches in an unusual and/or innovative environment (flipped classrooms, virtual schools, etc).
- Education professionals whose districts have adopted and implemented Common Core standards- and who want to comment on the experience.
- Counselors or Social Workers who have noticed trends in student populations, and who desperately want to inform others.
- People who LOVE using technology in their instructional practices, and want to share what they do.
- Anyone who has worked with children who has an amazing story.
- Anyone who does cool and engaging stuff in their classroom.
(Sorry – what we can’t publish are advertisements or outside business promotions.)
The topics are endless, and since Learner’s Edge put me in charge of the blog (hee hee!), I get to work with you to highlight your best work, strongest epiphanies, and successful strategies. I really, really want to hear from you!
How does this work?
Well, it starts with an email to me: firstname.lastname@example.org. When you email me, please share a little bit about yourself: what you do, who you serve, any Learner’s Edge courses you have taken (not a necessary qualification), and your idea for a blog post. You and I will work together to make sure your thoughts shine. No deadlines- just an opening of the gates to share what you know.
What if you are worried about your writing?
I got you covered. Let me know what you want to say, and I will say it for you. You will be able to see the finished copy before it goes live.
If you do want to write your own post, I will do my normal editing thing with grammar and mechanics, but I will do my best to retain your style and voice.
What’s in it for you?
Your blog post with be cross-posted on our Facebook page, and you will officially be published on the Internet. You can share this with all of your friends and family, and you will be a hit at parties (I know being a blogger has done WONDERS for my social life). If you already have a blog, you will be able to cross-post, and I will be sure to tag your blog. Plus, you and your school will gain some notice – we do have quite a few Facebook friends, you know. Most importantly, your voice will be heard – saying something you are passionate about. Your words have the potential to inspire thousands of teachers.
Yay! You’re convinced! What do you do?
Email me! email@example.com. Here’s what I need from you:
- The blog post (1-5 paragraphs), should you choose to write it, or your idea for a blog post.
- A very, very brief biography of yourself, including where you teach, the age level of your students, and something interesting about you (hobbies, special talents, etc).
- If you choose, a photo of yourself….this isn’t mandatory, but it’s nice to have a visual of who you are for the readers. If you don’t wish to have your picture up, not a problem at all.
What I will do:
- Read and edit your post for any mechanical errors, retaining your voice and your style
- Tag you in the post to insure that you get credit for the post on the Internet
- Post your writing on the blog and on our Facebook page
- Watch you become a SUPERSTAR.
I can’t wait to hear from you.